Sichuan-Style Beef Tacos
- 8 Mission Gluten-Free Tortillas
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil divided
- 1 pound Boneless Beef Steak sliced across the grain into 2 x 1/2" strips
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 inch Ginger fresh, peeled, and minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Celery Ribs thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 green onions cut into 1" length
- 1 carrot large, peeled, and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 head Butter Lettuce leaves separated
- Green Onion chopped
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a large, heavy skillet over high, heat 2 tbsp. oil. Add steak and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil to skillet, reduce heat to medium-high, then add ginger and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds. Add celery, green onion, carrot and pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in steak, tamari and sesame oil, and toss together.
- In a large, dry skillet over medium, heat tortillas one at a time, flipping once, until heated through and pliable. Transfer to a plate and warm remaining tortillas, stacking them on top of each other.
- To serve, top each tortilla with a lettuce leaf, and fill with steak and vegetable mixture. Top with green onion and sesame seeds.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.