- Stir Fry
- 1 14 Ounce Package Tofu firm or extra firm
- 2 Cups green beans roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots diced, or red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil toasted, or peanut or coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup San-J Reduced Sodium Tamari Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger fresh, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Syrup or maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drain tofu and place between two thick towels. Place a plate or bowl on top, followed with a heavy book or skillet.
- Let tofu dry for about 15 minutes, changing towels if too moist.
- Chop tofu into roughly 1-inch cubes or rectangles (see photo). Arrange on baking sheet; cook 30-35 minutes, flipping once after 15 minutes.
- When tofu is golden brown and firm, remove from oven and let sit at least 45 minutes.
- Prepare rice.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add sesame oil and vegetables; swirl to coat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- When vegetables have softened a bit, add sauce and stir. Allow sauce to bubble and thicken. Add tofu and stir to coat.
- Cook mixture for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- When vegetables are cooked to preferred doneness, remove from heat.
- Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Sodium 1197mg 50%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Protein 10g 20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.