Coeliac Belgian Society
Not every page on the website is in english. For chrome users, download the google chrome translate extension here.
The Société belge de la Cœliaque – french for Coeliac Belgian Society – was founded in 1977 on the initiative of doctors, nutritionist, people with coeliac disease and parents who themselves have a child with coeliac disease.
The aim of the association is to inform people with coeliac disease, to improve their lives and to help them to evaluate to a physical, mental and social well-being. We work to achieve this aim by:
- providing a helpline (+ 32 2 705 13 22), a web site (with a Members Only Area with exclusive information) and a web forum.
- publishing a trimester magazine « Cœliac-info », which in you can find a lot of information (recipes, new gluten-free products, gluten-free restaurant addresses, medical information…)
- publishing two books: «L’ABC du Cœliaque» (new member pack full of information to get you started) and «Bonjour, moi aussi je suis cœliaque» (to explain to kids how to live as a coeliac).
- providing gluten free products with special price thanks to a system of regional delegates and collective orders.
- planning of gluten free markets.
- planning of an annual day to meet other people with coeliac disease, to provide conferences over medical research, to talk with doctors and nutritionists, to participate at cook curses
- working with social security organisms to recognize coeliac disease (since 2006, official acknowledgement of coeliac disease by the government and financial compensation)