Jones Dairy Farm
Fried polenta “buns” hold together breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and asiago cheese in these savory sliders.
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Golden Brown Sausage Patties
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs whisked
- 1 Roma Tomato chopped
- 1/4 Cup Asiago Cheese grated
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley flat leaf, chopped
- 1 Hanful Lettuce
- Add sausage and 3 tablespoons water to small non-stick over medium heat. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, uncover and cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, bring 3 cups water and salt to a boil. Add polenta and 2 tablespoons butter, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring slowly as mixture thickens. Stir in sausage, green onion and Italian seasoning; mix well.
- Transfer polenta to medium size cookie sheet; spread out evenly, ensuring onions and sausage are well distributed throughout. Let polenta cool and set for 15-20 minutes.
- After polenta has set cut 14 rounds using 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a non-stick skillet. Pan fry polenta rounds on medium-high for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light golden brown.
- Beat eggs, 2 1/2 tablespoons water, tomato, cheese, parsley salt and pepper in bowl until blended. Heat remaining butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; pour in egg mixture. Push cooked egg portions from edges of skillet towards the center. Continue to cook, tilting skillet, until eggs are cooked through, do not flip or fold eggs over.
- Remove from skillet and cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter into 7 rounds.
- To assemble sliders, top one polenta round with an egg round, lettuce and second polenta round.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19g 29%
Sodium 439mg 18%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Protein 7g 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.