Gluten-Free Bagel French Toast Stuffed with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Gluten-free Bagel French Toast
- 1 cup your choice of plant-based milks
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 2-4 Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels
- Vegan Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or ½ stick of vegan butter at room temperature (we used Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread)
- 4 oz 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, slightly softened (we used Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, Plain) View Product 2 cups
- 2 cup sifted powdered sugar, up to a cup and a half extra for consistency preferences
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest (about half a lemon, zest before juicing)
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Vegan Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat vegan butter in a bowl until smooth. Add in vegan cream cheese and mix until creamy.
- Mix in lemon zest, raspberry jam and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Blend in powdered sugar one cup at a time, until mixture becomes thick, spreadable and your desired consistency and sweetness.
- Allow filling to set in the fridge slightly while you prepare your French toast bagels.
Vegan French Toast Bagels
- Begin by making batter. In a shallow bowl, combine plant-based milk, ground chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla. Set aside for approximately 5 minutes, giving the mixture time to thicken slightly.
- Working with half a bagel slice at a time, dip both sides of the bagel slice into the soaking mixture. Place slice in a pre-heated, non-stick pan greased with non-dairy butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook until golden brown on one side. Flip and cook again until the second side is golden as well. Repeat with the remaining bagel slices, transferring them to a warm oven on a cooking rack on top of a cookie sheet until you’re ready to add vegan cream cheese filling and serve. (Note: Steam can make the bagel slices soggy, so do not cover when keeping warm in the oven.)
- Remove filling from fridge and generously layer vegan cream cheese filling between slices of French toast bagels. Serve immediately.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.