King Arthur Baking Company
This moist and tasty gingerbread, made with our Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix, is delicious served with whipped cream, applesauce, or a combination of whipped cream and a light drizzle of boiled cider glaze.
40 to 45minutes
9" x 13" cake
- 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each cloves and nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (113g) molasses
- 1 tbsp (14g) cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 large Eggs
- 2/3 cup (152g) buttermilk or 1/2 cup (113g) liquid whey (the liquid drained from yogurt)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 13" pan, and flour it with gluten-free flour.
- Whisk together the cake mix, spices, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with half the cake mix/spices.
- Beat in the molasses, vinegar, and one of the eggs.
- Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the buttermilk alternately with the remaining dry mix, one-third of each at a time. Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the gingerbread for 40 to 45 minutes, until it's brown and firm on top. Its internal temperature should be between 210°F and 212°F.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and cool it on a rack for 15 minutes before slicing.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.