Gluten-Free Soft Pretzels
- 1 cup Cauliflower-Based Baking Mix (Original)
- 1-3 cup skim milk [or nut-based alternative]
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter [or vegetable oil]
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- Combine Cauliflower-Based Baking Mix and baking powder, then add skim or nut-based milk, mix well, then add butter or vegetable oil, and mix until smooth.
- Form dough into a ball and let rest for 5 mins.
- Knead dough ball for about 1 min. or until dough is smooth and sticks to itself well.
- Form 4 pretzels by rolling dough into 6 inch lengths, making a U, crossing the ends and folding them back down to the bottom of the U. Alternately, you can make pretzel rods without shaping and folding.
- Make egg wash by mixing egg and 1 tbsp. water until smooth.
- Bring remaining water (6 cups) and baking soda to a boil. Carefully lower pretzels into the water using a slotted spoon or spatula. Boil pretzels in batches for 30 seconds per batch and remove.
- Place pretzels on parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash, sprinkle with pretzel salt, and bake at 450°F for 15-17 mins.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.