Have a county fair right at home – without the gluten, added calories, or giant crowds. These soft pretzels will immediately transport you back to a simpler time, before you had to worry about your diet. But the CAULIPOWER Cauliflower-Based Baking Mix makes it easy, adding crucial nutrients, vitamins, protein, and fiber to your comfort foods, while lowering the calories, fat, sodium, and sugar. For best results, dip in whole grain mustard!
Gluten-Free Soft Pretzels
- 1 cup CAULIPOWER Cauliflower-Based Baking Mix (original)
- 1/3 cup skim milk [or nut-based alternative]
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter [or vegetable oil]
- 6 cup + 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- Combine CAULIPOWER Cauliflower-Based Baking Mix and baking powder, then add skim or nut-based milk, mix well, then add butter or vegetable oil, and mix until smooth.
- Form dough into a ball and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead dough ball for about 1 minute or until dough is smooth and sticks to itself well.
- Form 4 pretzels by rolling dough into 6 inch lengths, making a U, crossing the ends and folding them back down to the bottom of the U. Alternately, you can make pretzel rods without shaping and folding.
- Make egg wash by mixing egg and 1 tablespoon water until smooth.
- Bring remaining water (6 cups) and baking soda to a boil. Carefully lower pretzels into the water using a slotted spoon or spatula. Boil pretzels in batches for 30 seconds per batch and remove.
- Place pretzels on parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash, sprinkle with pretzel salt, and bake at 450°F for 15-17 minutes.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.