TH Foods (Crunchmaster)
Hearty White Cheddar Fondue Platter
- 1 pkg (4 oz) Crunchmaster® Aged White Cheddar
- 1 clove garlic halved
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Apples cored and sliced
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, sliced
- 8 oz white Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 2 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup baby dill pickles
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- Baking and Spices
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- pinch Nutmeg
- Rub inside of fondue pot or enameled cast iron pot with garlic clove; discard.
- Add beer and stock to pot; bring to simmer over medium heat.
- In bowl, toss grated cheese with cornstarch. Whisk cheese into simmering liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened. Stir in pepper and nutmeg; keep warm.
- On large platter, arrange crackers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, apples, fennel, pickles and pretzels. Serve with fondue for dipping.
- Tip: Substitute white wine or stock for beer, if preferred.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.