Holiday Monte Cristo
An easy way to make a great meal for the family, our Monte Cristo sandwich will quickly use up all your holiday leftovers.
- 4 slices Dr. Schär Gluten-Free Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Bread
- Cranberry Sauce
- 4 slices Holiday Leftover Meat turkey, ham, etc.
- 6 slices Cheese of your choice provolone, Havarti, mozzarella or Monterrey jack
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Spread a layer of cranberry sauce on one slice of bread.
- Spread a layer of mustard on other slice.
- Layer cheese, ham, cheese, turkey, and cheese in between bread slices (or whatever your leftover holiday meat is).
- Beat egg thoroughly, mix in milk, pour into baking dish.
- Place sandwich in baking dish and coat in egg mix.
- Let sit for a few minutes on each side to soak up egg mix.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add sandwiches and cook until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Remove, cut and enjoy.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.