Jones Dairy Farm
Rich and fudgy, to say these low carb, high fat brownies loaded with bacon and caramel are indulgent is an understatement. Keep it keto and serve with low-carb almond milk.
Keto Caramel Bacon Brownies
- 1 8 oz package Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged Bacon
- 1/3 cup erythritol brown sugar
- 10 tbsp Dutch processed cocoa or organic cacao
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 3 Eggs (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar-free caramel syrup (or use recipe below)
- Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp erythritol brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line sheet pan with aluminum foil, set wire rack on top of foil. Lay bacon on top of rack, sprinkle with erythritol brown sugar. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until candied. Remove from oven, allow to cool. Chop into pieces.
- Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper, set aside. Mix cocoa and salt in medium bowl. In another bowl, melt butter and powdered erythritol in microwave. Mix well. Add cocoa and salt mixture and combine. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each, until completely incorporated. Texture will be thick but should be fairly smooth. Add almond flour, whisk quickly for one minute. Spread into 8x8 pan. Drizzle caramel sauce over top of brownies and swirl with toothpick.
- Bake for 17 minutes, remove from oven and top brownies with bacon. Return to oven. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes. Toothpick inserted in center should be moist. Allow to cool before cutting brownies. Brownies will firm up and continue baking slightly as they cool.
- Directions for Caramel Sauce: Melt butter and erythritol in medium saucepan over low heat (you want a larger surface area to cook the caramel more efficiently). When melted, cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring until golden brown. Add cream and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.