Jones Dairy Farm
No chopsticks required as you transform leftover Chinese fried rice into a beautiful yet hearty brunch entrée.
Leftover Fried Rice Canadian Bacon Frittata
- 1 6 oz package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup cremini or baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cups rice *If you don’t have leftover fried rice, visit the recipe section of the Jones website for a number of fried rice options, including Canadian Bacon Fried Rice with Pineapple. Reduce the amount of Canadian bacon in the recipe to 1/2 package if using leftover Canadian Bacon Fried Rice with Pineapple.
- 6 Eggs beaten well
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add oil to coat. Add mushrooms and onions, sauté until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add Canadian bacon strips, sauté until slightly crisp, 2-3 minutes. Add leftover fried rice, combine until hot.
- Spread ingredients evenly in bottom of skillet, pour eggs over top. Tilt pan to ensure eggs cover all ingredients. Place in oven, approximately 15 minutes until eggs are almost set. Remove from oven, top with feta cheese. Return to oven, 2-3 minutes, under broiler until cheese is fully melted and top starts to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.