- 8 Large Potatoes peeled
- 1 Large Brown Onion coarsely grated
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Vegetable Oil or canola oil
- 2 Avocados peeled, pit removed, cut into thick wedges
- 12 Slices Smoked Salmon
- 1/2 Cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 Small Red Onion very thinly sliced
- Chives chopped
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Coarsely grate potatoes.
- Place in colander and add onion.
- Use your hands to squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine. Season well with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add enough oil to large non-stick pan to reach a depth of approximately 1/2 inch and place over medium heat.
- Spoon 1 cup potato mixture into pan. Use spatula to flatten each portion to a 4 inch circle.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Use spatula to transfer to plate lined with paper towel; place in warm oven. Cook remaining potato mixture using same method, adding more oil if necessary.
- Arrange two rostis on each serving dish.
- Top with avocado, smoked salmon, crème fraiche and red onion. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21g 32%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Cholesterol 43mg 14%
Sodium 267mg 11%
Potassium 1981mg 57%
Total Carbohydrates 71g 24%
Dietary Fiber 10g 40%
Protein 13g 26%
Vitamin A 14%
Vitamin C 86%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.