Southwestern Breakfast Strata
This quick and easy Southwestern Breakfast Strata is a great way to start your day!
- 7 slices Artisan Baker White Bread
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup mushroom caps, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 6 oz cooked turkey breakfast sausage, roughly chopped
- 1+ 1/3 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1+ 1/2 cups Egg Whites
- 4-5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 6-8 drops hot sauce (Crystal or Tabasco)
- a little bit of sea salt
- a little bit of black pepper
- butter to grease
- Grease an 8” x 10” casserole dish well with either vegetable cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the cubed bread chunks evenly in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the jalapeno, finely chopped red bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion and breakfast sausage chunks and still gently to mix well.
- Add all of this mixture on top of the bread cubes in the dish and make sure all is evenly distributed.
- In a blender combine the liquid egg whites, the whole eggs, milk, hot sauce and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on high for a minute or so until all is well mixed, frothy and fluffy.
- Pour this egg mixture over the cubed bread and veggies in the dish being sure to cover all as evenly as possible. Take a spatula and pat the bread down a bit to ensure each bread cube is saturated with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the top and bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and all the egg mixture and center are cooked through.
- After the baking time remove from oven and let cool a few minutes. Scatter the green onions all over the top, slice into 12’ths and serve. This Strata can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.