Super Chocolaty Stovetop Squares
- For the squares:
- 1 cup dairy-free buttery spread
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 boxes gluten-free Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, finely ground (28 large cookies)
- For the topping:
- 1 cup gluten-free Foods Mini Chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides for easy removal.
- To make the squares, melt the nondairy buttery spread in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the maple syrup and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the ground Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies, mixing well. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, spread into an even layer. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, make the topping. Put the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on 20 second intervals, stirring between each one, until the chocolate is smooth. Spread onto the bottom layer.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator until the layers are set, about 1 hour. Cut into 25 squares.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.