- 1 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1 Cup Potato Starch or tapioca starch
- 1/2 Cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 Cloves garlic minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons Rosemary chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Thyme chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Basil chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water at 110F
- 1 Pinch Sugar raw
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rice Vinegar mild, or lemon juice
- 1 Egg beaten, or egg replacement, mixed
- Dusting Gluten-Free Cornmeal
- Turn on the oven briefly, just to warm it, then turn it off.
- Whisk together the flours, starch, xanthan gum, sea salt, garlic, and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, proof the yeast in warm water and pinch of sugar.
- When the yeast is ready, pour the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil, honey, vinegar, and egg or egg replacement. Stir to combine. The dough should be sticky- it doesn’t really feel like typical wheat bread dough- more like a thick muffin batter.
- Scoop the dough into a 9-inch cake pan dusted with cornmeal.
- Using wet hands, pat and shape the dough into a rounded loaf.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and fresh garlic; sprinkle with extra herbs, if you like, and a little coarse sea salt.
- Place the pan into the warm oven and allow it to rest and rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Sodium 250mg 10%
Total Carbohydrates 32g 11%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.