Vegan Pineapple Fried Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Ginger fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red Chili Flakes
- 3/4 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set quinoa aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut oil to a pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the peas, bell pepper, and pineapple, and cook over high-heat for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pineapple just starts to caramelize.
- Add the cooked quinoa, cilantro, and salt. Mix well and cook for an additional minute. Serve hot.
- TIP: Quinoa may also be cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge to cool.
- serve with grilled protein of your choice
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.