Grilled Peppers with Moroccan Sardines and Mozzarella
- 2 cans Crown Prince Natural Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Water drained
- 4 Anaheim peppers
- 1 15 ounce can pitted black olives
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz Mozzarella Cheese cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to high. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise and remove any seeds. Arrange them on a broiler pan cut side up and place under broiler for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, gently combine sardines, olives and tomatoes. Set aside. Remove the peppers from the broiler and let them cool.
- While the peppers are cooling, combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, stuff them with the sardine mixture and cheese. Place the stuffed peppers back into the broiler for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and slightly brown. Drizzle the peppers with dressing just before serving.
- serve with quinoa cooked in broth
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.