Tuna Salad Nicoise
- 1 12 ounce can Crown Prince Natural Albacore Tuna drained and chunked
- 1/2 jar Crown Prince Natural Flat Anchovies drained and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 7 whole tiny new potatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 15 ounce can pitted black olives drained
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp capers drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil)
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano)
- In a saucepan, cook beans in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 15 minutes more or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Prepare caper vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well to mix.
- Place tuna chunks in a small bowl and top with 2/3 cup vinaigrette. Quarter the potatoes. In a medium bowl combine beans, potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes, olives and 2/3 cup vinaigrette. Cover each bowl and chill for 4 hours.
- To serve, line 4 plates with lettuce. Using a slotted spoon, top with tuna and bean mixture. Top with anchovies and remaining vinaigrette.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.